Below a before / after picture with the basic settings applied
Pian di Sole is a small touristic hamlet just above Lago Maggiore, in the last days we had amazing views above the fog.
The picture above represent the typical image taken by accident, my camera was in the bag, an after 30min walking I've decided to take ii out and, at least, hang it to my shoulder. Few minutes later I took the picture below, then, during post-processing, I've tried a black & white + horizontal aspect and I liked even more.
On the right the original image and above the post-pressed and cropped version
- Exposure +1 EV
- Whites +30
- Clarity +60
- Tone Curve: Medium Contrast
- Vignetting -40
- Sharpening +45
- Local adjustments on the dog's eyes and face
Few weeks ago we spent a nice weekend in the Monferrato Region (South of Piedmont, Italy), this countryside area is really beautiful with vineyards everywhere.
I had experienced a small photography's block and watching again the few pictures taken during those two days these reasons came into my mind
- No preparation before the weekend (aka no subjects in mind, no specific story to tell)
- Due to point 1 we spent to much time in the car than walking around to get inspiration and we were not able to understand where we should stay during the golden hours.
- It was the first time there, which imply the POINT 1 is a MUST :)
On sunday morning we had a nice visit of Uviglie Castle and its winery, it was very interesting and only at the end I've taken some pictures. Next time I have to shoot, to imagine a subject and then transform it in sequence of photos.
Tips from the blogosphere with some personal comments (below the links)
- Go Out and Shoot > Some times it isn't enough, it happens to come back home with nothing anyway, there is a time, a mood to be found.
- Get out from your comfort zone > Shoot people, this is tricky
- Restrict yourself (i.e. Find a Color, Use only a fix lens, etc ...) > This is great, so many times I bring my 7-8kg of photographic materials and I end up shooting only with my 50mm
- Shoot feelings
- Shoot street photography > this is the easiest one, then getting great result out of them is another story
- Shoot Technical Photography That You Haven’t Tried Before
- Go somewhere new > BUT > Prepare yourself
- Became a mentor > it is nice to share your knowledge, and to challenge yourself explaining what is so obvious for you.
- Try new gear > Unfortunately this is great, I'm not a GEAR ADDICTED guy, but I'm still an engineer. We can spend hours discussing on the quote " GEAR doesn't Matter ", but good gears in good hands will make a great job.
Some additional tips that came out in my mind and are
- Keep a list of photographic's ideas, personally I forget nearly 70% of the ideas
- Prepare yourself and pre-visualize the results you want to get on the field, then it might happen that you will do something completely different
- Keep imagination running > point 2 in a daily basis, it is a personal attitude to prevent photographer's block, you will always see something interesting to shoot
- Add some graphic elements on your pictures, like billboards or advertisements
- There are days where it is really better to do something else, just as simple as that
Here the source's blog post that can help when you are feeling some photographic's block
Of course saying is one thing, doing is another (straight translation from an Italian saying)
After one day of sun, here again the rain... at least it gave us a fantastic panorama
Happy New Year - Auguri!!
La Famiglia Miani In occasione della celebrazione di Santo Stefano, la comunità si raccoglie in preghiera; la caritá si traduce in un gesto umile e quotidiano, come il dono del pane.
Photowalk in Verbania
This morning in the Verbania's streets, playing with strong backlight + instagram style post-processing
I met Lele Busti who was practicing barman freestyle
Walking in Vercelli (IT)
Last week end looking for some beautiful Autumn Colors
Three misty shoots on the Lago Maggiore.
- Hand held shoots
- ISO 800 1/10th f4 with VR on
Next time I will bring my tripod, yesterday was a kind of "spray & pray" trial
Beside on the right the link to find one of my favorite "Nerdy-Photographer" T Shirt
Those are the lucky occasions, when thanks god you have with you your camera, and not just a phone...
Little note... there is no Instagram behind the photo, just normal post-processing with LR4
Mail Box Gallery has received 3 new updates
Garden Gnomes are still around us!